Will they last/be fine?

What do you need to know about Magic Truffles?

Will they last/be fine?

Unread postby Cowboy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:08 am

Hi,

I got a vacuum pack 2 weeks ago , had it a bit longer than a week in room temp dark place,then i decided to put them in the fridge for them to last longer ,for consumption around the end of November.

Will they be ok?will they freeze? was it fine to leave them 1 week and a bit not in a fridge?

Thanks
Cowboy

Re: Will they last/be fine?

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:27 am

Cowboy wrote:Hi,

I got a vacuum pack 2 weeks ago , had it a bit longer than a week in room temp dark place,then i decided to put them in the fridge for them to last longer ,for consumption around the end of November.

Will they be ok?will they freeze? was it fine to leave them 1 week and a bit not in a fridge?

Thanks

Hi Cowboy,

Vacuum packed truffles should be able to survive 1 month outside of the fridge.
Unopened, the shelf life of a vacuum pack is 2 - 3 months (in the fridge between 2-4 Celsius), BUT the longer it stays in vacuum the shorter the shelf life is after opening. After you open the vacuum pack, you should keep them in the fridge, in a plastic container. You can keep them good up to a month. Never put them in the freezer (that just kills the psychoactive substances)!!!

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby Cowboy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Mine remain un open, so still in the vacuum pack.

Therefore If I leave them in the fridge untill the end of November , and just open them and consume them , they will be fine right?

Thanks Mr.Truffles
Cowboy

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Cowboy wrote:Mine remain un open, so still in the vacuum pack.

Therefore If I leave them in the fridge untill the end of November , and just open them and consume them , they will be fine right?

Thanks Mr.Truffles

Hi Cowboy,

Yes, they should be fine.
To look if they went bad: you should cut the pieces and if it's inside black or they soft and moisture don't eat them.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Will they last/be fine

Unread postby ArinastoHuh » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:18 pm

I agree- its about 4-5 weeks when they are in season.

Mine seem to spawn for 7-8 months and then hiatus seems to be about 5 months. This is a longer cycle than in the wild by 1 to 2 months.
ArinastoHuh

Return to Magic Truffles: General Info