Problem with growkit

What do you need to know about Magic Truffles?

Problem with growkit

Unread postby alex179 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:21 pm

I received this growkit from you about a month ago on August 23rd. After almost a month, there is barely any mycelium growing and it never pinned. I'm wondering if the spores are bad or it wasn't inoculated properly. I placed a new order and you received payment and should be shipping a new kit soon. "Order #9883 (Payment received)" I wanted to give you guys another chance in case it was just a one off incident and I got a bad kit. I wanted to ask if it's your policy to help in any way if a customer receives a bad kit? I know you don't reship if it doesn't make it through customs and it's not received. I wanted to ask before this new order is shipped if you would send something with it to make up for the bad kit? Another kit or maybe some truffles so it isn't as much of a loss for me? This bad kit is $75USD in the trash for me. I'd greatly appreciate anything you can do but I understand if you can't. Thanks.

alex179

Re: Problem with growkit

Unread postby alex179 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:35 pm

I think I might have figured out the problem. It seems the vermiculite might have been packed down too tight on the top layer and it's preventing it from breaking through. The sides of the container feel really tight like the mycelium is pressing against it pretty hard. I used a fork to loosen up the vermiculite and put it back in the bag. I'll see what happens now. Also, I see my newest order has shipped. Thanks!
alex179

Re: Problem with growkit

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:45 am

alex179 wrote:I think I might have figured out the problem. It seems the vermiculite might have been packed down too tight on the top layer and it's preventing it from breaking through. The sides of the container feel really tight like the mycelium is pressing against it pretty hard. I used a fork to loosen up the vermiculite and put it back in the bag. I'll see what happens now. Also, I see my newest order has shipped. Thanks!

Hi Alex,
You are right it's looks a little packed in the middle, but it shouldn't be a problem, it only should take a bit longer for the growkit to grow mushies. But please keep us informed, if the growkit doesn't work at all, please contact us at info@magictruffles.com
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Problem with growkit

Unread postby Servicefwl » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:57 pm

Stoj has pointed me in the direction of Avast blocking it. I have Googled it and it has been a problem with Avast. I have changed some settings and it now works with an extra step that I can live with. Thanks Stoj.
Servicefwl

Return to Magic Truffles: General Info