Which payment options are available?

Information about making an order, payment options and shipping

Which payment options are available?

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm

The only available payment options at the moment are (international) banktransfer or sending cash in a (registered) envelope. We would like to offer credit card payment options or paypal, but due to the nature of our goods, we can't offer those options.

Some banks charge ridiculously high fees for an international banktransfer, but our customers are resourceful and some manage to transfer money to our bankaccount through money transfer websites.
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Re: Which payment options are available?

Unread postby matthew carey » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:31 pm

Paypay isn't feasible? It would be alot easier for a person to buy truffles if they could upload money from a credit card to their account; where you could be emailed the money directly from paypal.
matthew carey

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 am

matthew carey wrote:Paypay isn't feasible? It would be alot easier for a person to buy truffles if they could upload money from a credit card to their account; where you could be emailed the money directly from paypal.

Hi Matthew, you are absolutely right, paypal would be a lot easier. However, paypal will not accept us as a customer, due to the nature of our goods.
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby Zefsofresh » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:05 pm

I have a question about currency. Since you deal in euros, is it possible for me to pay with US Dollars?
Zefsofresh

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 am

Zefsofresh wrote:I have a question about currency. Since you deal in euros, is it possible for me to pay with US Dollars?

Hi Zefsofresh,
Yes you can pay in U.S. dollars. if the currency on our webshop is not set to US dollar by default, you can change it to U.S. dollars yourself in the sidebar on the right.
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby alex179 » Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 am

Mr. Truffles wrote:
Zefsofresh wrote:I have a question about currency. Since you deal in euros, is it possible for me to pay with US Dollars?

Hi Zefsofresh,
Yes you can pay in U.S. dollars. if the currency on our webshop is not set to US dollar by default, you can change it to U.S. dollars yourself in the sidebar on the right.

"Payment options
For payments, only Euros are accepted the other currencies on our web shop are solely for indicative and informative purposes."

I didn't order because I read that on this page http://www.magictruffles.com/shop-faq.php. I would have had to order Euros from my bank. And bank transfer is too expensive like you've said. If you accept U.S. dollars then I'll order.
alex179

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Mon May 13, 2013 8:46 am

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your post, we will have to change that in our FAQ section. We do prefer Euro's but we accept US dollar as well.
I can guarantee that for a 100%.
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby GMart » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Do you accept Sterling Pounds for payment? Thanks.
GMart

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:24 pm

GMart wrote:Do you accept Sterling Pounds for payment? Thanks.

Hi GMart,
We do accept Sterling Pounds as payment, put if you wish to pay by sending cash in an envelope, we do charge a foreign currency fee of about 5% of the product total. This doesn't apply for banktransfer. We apply it for the simple reason we have to exchange your money at the bank ourselves, and we have to pay transaction costs for that.
Note: We do not accept Scottish pounds, only pounds from the bank of England.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby jaug1337 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Any particular money transfer website(s) you would recommend?

My current bank from Denmark takes a 200 DKK (26.82 Euro) in transfer fee. Which is horrible when ordering small packages such as >50 grams etc.
jaug1337

Next

Return to Ordering, payment and shipping