Freezing Truffle tea??

Consuming tips, conservation tips and more

Freezing Truffle tea??

Unread postby cronnie » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:38 am

Hello, I read on the website that one can make truffle tea, and then freeze it indefinitely.

But I also read on the website that freezing truffles will break down the active compounds and make it useless.

These two "tips" seem contradictory, please read below for my exact situation.

I am planning a camping trip with some friends in a months time. I am expecting the truffles to arrive a head of time, so I want to keep them as fresh as possible for when we consume them. Should I make a tea as soon as they arrive at my house and freeze them? Or should I store the fresh product in the refrigerator and make some tea before departing to the campsite? I would really hate to screw up the truffles and be left empty handed. Please let me know!

On a side note, does the tea change the effects compared to eating them fresh? Will it make the trip stronger/longer/more intense?

Thank you
cronnie

Re: Freezing Truffle tea??

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:32 pm

cronnie wrote:Hello, I read on the website that one can make truffle tea, and then freeze it indefinitely.

But I also read on the website that freezing truffles will break down the active compounds and make it useless.

I am planning a camping trip with some friends in a months time. I am expecting the truffles to arrive a head of time, so I want to keep them as fresh as possible for when we consume them. Should I make a tea as soon as they arrive at my house and freeze them? Or should I store the fresh product in the refrigerator and make some tea before departing to the campsite? I would really hate to screw up the truffles and be left empty handed. Please let me know!

On a side note, does the tea change the effects compared to eating them fresh? Will it make the trip stronger/longer/more intense?

Thank you

Hi Cronnie, the tea can only be frozen after removing the truffles from the tea after making it....you steep the tea for a while, and before freezing it, remove the truffles.

The more water you add, the less the effect will be for each cup of tea.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby Myzenjourney » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Hello.

I brought some truffles from this website back in Jan/Feb time and I made tea with the half a pack I had left and froze it.

How long do they keep for in the freezer? Would it be safe to consume them now?

Thanks
Myzenjourney

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:55 pm

cronnie wrote:Hello, I read on the website that one can make truffle tea, and then freeze it indefinitely.

Thank you

Hi cronnie,

You can keep good the frozen tea up to 6 months.
I suggest to keep the truffles in the fridge (2-4 Celsius) and only make the tea before departing to the campsite.
The strength of the tea depends on the amount of water you add to the truffles.

The magic truffle tea recipe

1. Cut the truffles into small pieces, you can also crush them if you like, or use a grinder. The smaller the pieces are, the better the active substance will be absorbed in the water. So make them as small as you possibly can.

2. Boil the water. The strength of the tea depends on the amount of water you add to the truffles.

3. Remove the water from heat. The active substances in truffles are broken down by too much heat, so it is important that the water is not boiling anymore when added to the truffles.

4. Add the truffles or shrooms to the boiled water and leave the tea for 15-20 minutes.

5. Stir the tea gently.

6. Your truffle tea is ready to drink! Eventually you can add some honey to sweeten the taste.

7. For the best effect, make sure you also consume the remaining bits on the bottom of your glass.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Return to Tips and Tricks