Storing away your magic truffles.

Consuming tips, conservation tips and more

Storing away your magic truffles.

Unread postby WrxSTi spec Truffle » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:11 am

Hello!
I was wondering how I can pack away for later use the remaing of my magic truffles?
I hade made a purchase of 50grams worth of truffles and wanted to use 10grams for my first try and put away the rest in my fridge. I just ordered a small vacuum bag & storage container kit for fruits and veggies. With this I would like to take my first amount of 10grams and store the rest away in vacuum bags.
Would this be the best way to store them or will they get damaged after opening them from there orginal package or will they need to be used soon after 1-2weeks stored in the fridge?

If revacuuming and then placed back in the fridge is the best way to store after the first opening...., then how long would they last up to? I will make 2-3 vacuum bags of truffles and store inside the lowest part of my fridge were fruits and veggies are meant to be kept..

What would be the shelf life of my truffles after my vsacuum repacking and what would be your suggestions on storing the magic truffles for later use?..
Many thanks in advance.
WrxSTi spec Truffle

Re: Storing away your magic truffles.

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi WrxSTi spec Truffle
After opening a vacuum package, storage life will be limited to a month. The truffles might turn dark, but are still edible after a rinsing them. After revacuuming, depending on how long they've been outside of the fridge, i would advise not to consume them anymore after two months.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby thagod » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:25 am

Hi there, I've recently bought 15g of vacuum packed magic truffles and I am slightly concerned about storage. Due to certain circumstances (Parents), I cannot store my truffles in my fridge or freezer, and only in my room, which is fairly cool and dark. I am trying to save them for a month away, will them being vacuum packed make them last a month without being in the fridge? Thanks
thagod

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:37 am

thagod wrote:Hi there, I've recently bought 15g of vacuum packed magic truffles and I am slightly concerned about storage. Due to certain circumstances (Parents), I cannot store my truffles in my fridge or freezer, and only in my room, which is fairly cool and dark. I am trying to save them for a month away, will them being vacuum packed make them last a month without being in the fridge? Thanks

Hi thagod,

Vacuum packed truffles can survive a month without refrigerating.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Return to Tips and Tricks