Conservation tips

Consuming tips, conservation tips and more

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby sypher » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:20 pm

Dear Mr. Truffles and board members,

I bought a pack of 15g not vaccumized truffles yesterday. I could not store it in the fridge until today. Hence, they were exposed to room temperature for about a day.

However, now I would like to store them for a longer period but am not sure if I get the instructions right. Therefore, I would write down my understanding and ask for your corrections if applicable. Thanks a lot!.

1. You smash/grind the truffles as fine as you can.
2. You pour boiling water over the smashed truffles as if you were to drink the tee straight away.
3. You freeze the tee (together with all the smashed truffles)
4. Whenever you feel like you just heat up the ice block an enjoy.

Is that how it goes?

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Sypher
sypher
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 am

HI Sypher,

1. You smash/grind the truffles as fine as you can.
A: Well, not as fine as you can, but into small pieces..if you smash the truffles, you might squeeze the juice out of them
2. You pour boiling water over the smashed truffles as if you were to drink the tee straight away.
A: Yup, but like normal tea, you do have to leave it standing for a while...let substances transfer into the water.
3. You freeze the tee (together with all the smashed truffles)
A: No, the truffles need to be filtered out, freezing the truffles will make them lose their effect.
4. Whenever you feel like you just heat up the ice block an enjoy.
A: Defrost an icecube yes.

Hope this will help you,

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
User avatar
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Robotrock » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi, A friend brought me some dragon slayers from her trip and the truffles have been outside of the fridge for 3 days from now. I have put them in the fridge right after. I would like to consume then by the end of may and they did not change their color (still white). Do you think it is possible or should i consider eating them before?
Thanks a lot!!!
Robotrock
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 am

Robotrock wrote:Hi, A friend brought me some dragon slayers from her trip and the truffles have been outside of the fridge for 3 days from now. I have put them in the fridge right after. I would like to consume then by the end of may and they did not change their color (still white). Do you think it is possible or should i consider eating them before?
Thanks a lot!!!

Hi Robotrock,
Since they are vacuumpacked, I think the truffles will be OK for the end of May.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
User avatar
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby zdemirbilek » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:45 am

Hi,
I had atlantis in netherlands and loved it so i ordered them now to my country(Turkey) and excited to try again. In your website it says the vacuum pack lasts up to 3 months in the fridge but it doesn't say anything about the conservation time out of the fridge. Since the package is sent by mail, it wasn't in the fridge for at least a week obviously (Don't know when exactly the product is packed, in the day i ordered or the day it is sent?). The color is yellowish brown, and partially green. Would it be a problem? Here are the exact dates to give you a better idea:

I placed my order on 8th
My order was sent on 10th
I now put them in fridge on 19th
Planning to consume all on 21st

Btw, the vacuum pack doesn't seem to be completely vacuumed. I mean, the package is not very tight, there seems to be some air in the packages (in all three of them). Does it happen because of the time it spent out of the fridge? Does it degrade the quality of the material? Because the ones i had in netherlands (which were directly out of fridge) were not like that. Well, maybe the best method is to try and see :)

Thanks in advance for your reply!
zdemirbilek
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 am

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby juice » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:15 am

Hi, I bought a load of truffles vacuum packed, I opened it to put some in a separate sealy bag to take to a festival tomorrow, I tried to squeeze as much air out of both bags n sealed them up, how long will the truffleds keep in the fridge for? I would guess longer than if they were in aplastic box since there's less air? Also how long will the bag I'm taking to the festival keep for out of the fridge until they're no good? I was thinking about digging a little hole underneath my car to keep them cool in lol
Thanks
juice
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:45 am

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:13 pm

juice wrote:Hi, I bought a load of truffles vacuum packed, I opened it to put some in a separate sealy bag to take to a festival tomorrow, I tried to squeeze as much air out of both bags n sealed them up, how long will the truffleds keep in the fridge for? I would guess longer than if they were in aplastic box since there's less air? Also how long will the bag I'm taking to the festival keep for out of the fridge until they're no good? I was thinking about digging a little hole underneath my car to keep them cool in lol
Thanks


Hi Juice,

Truffles should survive a couple of days without refrigerating.
If you open a vacuum bag immediately after arrival, (fresh as possible) the shelf life of the opened bag would be 1 month. If you open a vacuum bag after 2 months, the shelf life of the open bag would be only 1 week. Due to the vacuum certain reactions take place which shorten the shelf life after oxidation. The best thing is keep them in the fridge until you consume them.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
User avatar
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:23 pm

zdemirbilek wrote:Hi,
I had atlantis in netherlands and loved it so i ordered them now to my country(Turkey) and excited to try again. In your website it says the vacuum pack lasts up to 3 months in the fridge but it doesn't say anything about the conservation time out of the fridge. Since the package is sent by mail, it wasn't in the fridge for at least a week obviously (Don't know when exactly the product is packed, in the day i ordered or the day it is sent?). The color is yellowish brown, and partially green. Would it be a problem? Here are the exact dates to give you a better idea:

I placed my order on 8th
My order was sent on 10th
I now put them in fridge on 19th
Planning to consume all on 21st

Btw, the vacuum pack doesn't seem to be completely vacuumed. I mean, the package is not very tight, there seems to be some air in the packages (in all three of them). Does it happen because of the time it spent out of the fridge? Does it degrade the quality of the material? Because the ones i had in netherlands (which were directly out of fridge) were not like that. Well, maybe the best method is to try and see :)

Thanks in advance for your reply!


Hi zdemirbilek,

We properly vacuum pack the truffles before we ship them, but truffles are an organic product and they can produce gas themselves. The 'air' inside the package is CO2 gas produced by the truffles. This is perfectly normal and it does not affect the potency or shelf life of the truffles in any way.
Truffles changing color when exposed to oxygen. Is perfectly normal and doesn't affect their potency. This is simply a reaction with oxygen.
Anyway tou find more info here: http://www.magictruffles.com/about/appearance.html

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
User avatar
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Lolouille » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Hello !

I have 45g of philosopher's stone that will expire soon. I'd like to conserve them for about 6/7 weeks. The best way to do that is to make tea out of it right ? How do you do that exactly ? Just put the truffles in warm water for 10/15 minutes ? Then can you freeze the tea ?

Thank you :)
Lolouille
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:24 pm

Lolouille wrote:Hello !

I have 45g of philosopher's stone that will expire soon. I'd like to conserve them for about 6/7 weeks. The best way to do that is to make tea out of it right ? How do you do that exactly ? Just put the truffles in warm water for 10/15 minutes ? Then can you freeze the tea ?

Thank you :)


Hi Loulille,

If you want to make a tea first mash them finely in the little pan or pot in which you want to strain the tea. By so doing the cells are broken, and more of the active substance is released and then you put warm but not boiled (40 Celsius) water on it and let them stand for a while. If you make 1 dosage from 10 grams you can add 1,5-2 dl water for each 10 grams.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
User avatar
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Tricks



cron