Conservation tips

Consuming tips, conservation tips and more

Conservation tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 pm

How long can you conserve your precious truffles? Well that depends.
In a normal package, you can store them for a month, under the condition that you keep them cool in the fridge.
Vacuum packed truffles can be stored for three months, again if kept in the frigde.

Do not store your costly truffles in the freezer! Freezing them will destroy the internal cell structure of the truffles and they will lose their effect.
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby ronan12browne » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 am

Hello again,

Thanks you for your swift and efficient custom. I'm extremely happy with the purchase and your efficient and friendly correspondance.

I have a question regarding the conservation of the truffles.

On receipt the truffles were vaccuum packed as requested.

I then opened the packaging on and emptied the truffles into a plastic container, which I then put in the fridge.

In the tips and tricks section of the magictruffles forum, it states that the truffles once opened can keep;

for a month if refridgerated

or for 3 months if vaccuum packed and refridgerated.

I want to keep them for as long as possible.

I'm wondering if I find a way to vaccuum pack them once again (although they have already spent a week exposed to oxygen in the container in the fridge), will I be able to extend their lifespan?

If so, do you know of any cheap and simple ways that I can repack them?

Kind regards
ronan12browne

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:23 am

ronan12browne wrote:Hello again,

Thanks you for your swift and efficient custom. I'm extremely happy with the purchase and your efficient and friendly correspondance.

I have a question regarding the conservation of the truffles.....

Hi ronan12browne,
That is a good question, i suppose you don't have a vacuum machine at home. We advice to buy small packages in advance, or mail us to get a special price for multiple packages. One option is to make tea of the truffles, which you can freeze in as icecubes.
One icecube should match one dosage 10 0r 15 grams of truffles.

Maybe other psychonauts have more tips...

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby Boletus » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Can i use fruit dryer to extend the conservation period?

Thanks.
Boletus

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Boletus wrote:Can i use fruit dryer to extend the conservation period?

Thanks.

Hi Boletus,
We have no experience with fruit dryers, and also, i can't really give you much information about it, as drying truffles is an illegal activity which will make them a lot stronger, and might therefore be more dangerous, so better watch out!

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby matewfeel » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:11 pm

hi there, i bought your magic truffles around a month ago (we already tried and loved it), after we did it we had some leftover, but we forgot to put in in the fridge... will they still be good or not ?
matewfeel

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:33 am

matewfeel wrote:hi there, i bought your magic truffles around a month ago (we already tried and loved it), after we did it we had some leftover, but we forgot to put in in the fridge... will they still be good or not ?

Hi Matewfeel, how long have they been out of the fridge? If they have been out of the fridge for more than a day or two, and there is a visible change in colour, we do not advise to eat them.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby matewfeel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 pm

definitely change of color.

straight to the bin ! thanks for the advice :)
matewfeel

Unread postby TomGouder » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:28 pm

My fridge just broke down a couple days ago and I was informed that I wouldn't have till a week. My truffles are not yet opened (I did not order them vacuum packed either). What can I do? I wouldn't like to make a tea of them.

Cheers :D
TomGouder

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:13 am

TomGouder wrote:My fridge just broke down a couple days ago and I was informed that I wouldn't have till a week. My truffles are not yet opened (I did not order them vacuum packed either). What can I do? I wouldn't like to make a tea of them.

Cheers :D

Hi Tom,
Well we can't really help you with your fridge, but if they are vacuum packed, they should be good outside the fridge for a while. You probably received them vacuumpacked, unless you received them in a hardplastic box. Maybe another tip is to store them outside if it's colder there (but not freezing). Do try to keep them cool.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tips and Tricks