Consuming tips, recipes, tips

Consuming tips, conservation tips and more

Consuming tips, recipes, tips

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 am

Let us be honest, the truffles are not very tasteful, so, people find different ways to consume them.
One way, which also offers you a longer preservation time, is making tea of the truffles.

If you want to strain tea through the truffles, first mash them finely in the little pan or pot in which you want to strain the tea. By so doing the cells are broken, and more of the active substance is released. Making tea is also a way of storing a greater quantity for a longer period, just freeze the juice into ice blocks in small bags. Use enough water so 1 of the small ice blocks makes up 1 dose. If you have any more consuming tips, please share them with us here!
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Re: Consuming tips, recipes, tips

Unread postby Boletus » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Having a sour aftertaste, could i cover them with dark chocolate?
Someone has tried it?

Thanks.
Boletus

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Boletus wrote:Having a sour aftertaste, could i cover them with dark chocolate?
Someone has tried it?
Thanks.

Hi Boletus,

That is probably a good tip, to get rid of the taste of the truffles. I agree they don't taste very nice. As long as you don't heat them up too much, a chocolate dip couldn't harm them...maybe other psychonauts like your tip as well.

Regards
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby Barry_2 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:09 am

Thanks for the post!
Barry_2

Unread postby AndyK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi.

How many of you guys and girls buy tins of soup??

Tonight, after having been given some truffles by a friend who has come to visit for the weekend, I will be crushing up two 15g portions (in their vacuum sealed bags) carefully so as not to break the bags open. Once the soup has warmed through in a small pan, the two packs will be opened completely up and both the contents and the bags (now flat pieces of plastic sheet) will be stirred into the soup.
Next, the pan will be put inside a larger / wider pan (this is why I'l be using a small pan to heat the tinned soup) with some boiling water in it. At this point, the temperature is reduced so that the water is only simmering.
The soup will be stirred a few times every minute or two for about 20 minutes so that the heat is able to fully circulate through it and not just heat the bottom.
Once this is done, the heat will be switched off and a cover / lid put on the soup pan for another 20 minutes or so. All the time, leaving the soup pan inside the pan full of hot water so as to keep the soup warm for longer.

After this, my friend and I will have a nice bowl of Heinz (and Truffle Brothers) chicken and "mushroom" soup with a little black pepper on top, along with thick slices of bread :-)

It is a gamble as to whether or not this will work, but it used to work with the mushrooms we gathered as teenagers - many many years ago!

I would like to point out a couple of things here:
The truffles (Atlantis) are kept in the vacuum packs when they are crushed (very carefully so as not to split the package open) to keep all their goodness inside the package until they are put into the soup. Smash them on another surface, other than the soup pan, and you begin to lose small amounts of their "juices" on the surfaces of both what you have crushed them on, chopping board for instance, and any object you have used to crush them with. This is the same reason I completely open the package and put it into the soup - it is hardly small enough to not be noticed and accidentally swallowed! The package being served up and licked / sucked clean when the soup is being consumed.

*** MOST IMPORTANT ***
The pan with the water in is to ensure that the soup does not overheat and destroy the effects we are all after. When I first began consuming mushrooms in this manner, I used to heat the soup pan directly on the stove / cooker. More often than not, I over cooked the mix and killed the shrooms. It was later when I watched my mother melting jelly in a bowl that I realised I was probably putting too much heat into the mix and I tried my next attempt with the pan of simmering water holding the small pan of soup. Ever after, it worked!!
So, remember not to heat directly over the heat source and watch that the water doesn't run so low that the soup pan is in full contact with the bottom of the larger pan. Just as important is the almost constant stirring of the soup mix, so don't forget to do this. Patience has its own rewards...

Right, time for the chef to go to the galley. I shall let you know later / tomorrow whether this worked or not.
AndyK

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Wed May 21, 2014 9:21 am

one great tip from one of our customers:

Atlantis Truffle Tea Recipe

Postby John » Sun May 18, 2014 11:35 pm
I seem to get sick when I eat truffles & therefore don't experience the full effects so I prepared the truffles as a tea. FANTASTIC is all I can say. I just placed another order for Atlantis. Crush the truffles into fine mush (while still in vacuum pack) & add to a coffee mug. Add very hot (not boiling) water 2/3 full. Cover & steep for 20 minutes then add hot (not boiling) water to top off your mug & enjoy. For best results eat the mush at the bottom of your cup. 11 hours later still had color light visuals with eyes closed going to sleep!
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Return to Tips and Tricks