Conservation tips

Consuming tips, conservation tips and more

Re: Conservation tips

Unread postby fairystorm » Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi,
I bought vacuum packed magic truffles about a month ago in your store in Amsterdam. I'm planning on eating them tomorrow. The lady who sold me the truffles told me that I could keep them out of the fridge for a month, because they're vacuum packed (the expiry date is not until january). They were in a dry, kinda cool (at room temperature) and totally dark place for a month, but not in the fridge. Is it still fine to eat them or not?
Thanks a lot!
fairystorm

Unread postby bealox » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:18 am

Hello,
I'd like to know how long you can store vaccum packed truffles out of fridge?
Thanks for your answer!
bealox

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:54 pm

fairystorm wrote:Hi,
I bought vacuum packed magic truffles about a month ago in your store in Amsterdam. I'm planning on eating them tomorrow. The lady who sold me the truffles told me that I could keep them out of the fridge for a month, because they're vacuum packed (the expiry date is not until january). They were in a dry, kinda cool (at room temperature) and totally dark place for a month, but not in the fridge. Is it still fine to eat them or not?
Thanks a lot!

bealox wrote:Hello,
I'd like to know how long you can store vaccum packed truffles out of fridge?
Thanks for your answer!

Guys,

An unopened vacuumpacked truffles can be kept for a month without refrigerating.

Regards,
Mr.Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby JeanTeemo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Dear Mr Truffle,
Dear all,

I sent myself some truffles from A'dam to Paris on the 15th of December and I received them in hand today.
My packets are still closed, but full of air (see picture : http://postimg.org/image/tjneuflap/ )
Still good to eat?
Need to be dried before eating?

All the best,

Jean T.
JeanTeemo

Unread postby Mr. Truffles » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:06 am

JeanTeemo wrote:Dear Mr Truffle,
Dear all,

I sent myself some truffles from A'dam to Paris on the 15th of December and I received them in hand today.
My packets are still closed, but full of air (see picture : http://postimg.org/image/tjneuflap/ )
Still good to eat?
Need to be dried before eating?

All the best,

Jean T.

Hi,

The 'air' inside the package is CO2 gas produced by the truffles. This is perfectly normal and it does not affect the potency or shelf life of the truffles in any way.
Unopened, the shelf life of a vacuum pack is 2 - 3 months (in the fridge between 2-4 Celsius), BUT the longer it stays in vacuum the shorter the shelf life is after opening. After you open the vacuum pack, you should keep them in the fridge, in a plastic container. You can keep them good up to a month.

We’ve never dried our truffles, because that’s illegal over here, but I know that it is possible. The psychedelic substance will still be active after drying. Please be careful with the dosage of dried mushrooms. Because the truffles diminish in weight when you dry them, 10 grams of dried truffles will contain more active substance than 10 grams of fresh truffles.

Regards,
Mr. Truffles
Mr. Truffles
Site Admin

Unread postby Samjsam3 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:57 pm

Well my truffles arrive yesterday evening while I was at work and my wife thought it would be a good idea to freeze them. Which apparently is about the worst thing you can do. They were only in the freezer for about 8 hours until I got home. Is there anything I can do to preserve them and is it a 100% chance that the cells are frozen?.
Samjsam3

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks